- What is the age and condition of your home?
- What have similar homes in your area sold for?
- Does your home need any repairs or updating?
- What is the market like this time of year?
- Are there other homes for sale in your neighborhood?
- Do you want to purchase a home warranty program for your home?
- What could you do to enhance the appearance and appeal of your property to potential buyers?
Steps for Selling a Home
Homeowner decides to sell home. Homeowner talks to an agent or agents. Seller selects a listing agent.
Listing agent explains agency to seller. Listing agent prepares a marketing plan and prepares a market analysis for seller’s home.
Seller prepares home for marketing. Agent markets home, promotes property in MLS, puts up a yard sign, advertises property in print and online.
Agent keeps seller informed of feedback from showings. Agent updates seller with status reports on the marketing. Home is shown and results in a written offer.
Seller’s agent presents offer, handles negotiations, and when offer is accepted, obtains all needed signatures. Agent verifies buyer's financing. Inspections completed by buyers, repair request negotiated.
Appraisal is completed and satisfactory to lender. Buyer obtains final mortgage approval. Buyer’s agent completes final walk through with buyers. Final Closing occurs. Proceeds available to seller after deed is recorded at courthouse.
We are with you from the beginning until after your closing, and beyond as needed.